Ingredients: St. John’s Wort, Licorice Root Powder, Bupleurum Falcatum Root Powder, Dong Quai Powder, Passion Flower, Valerian Root, Ginkgo Biloba Powder, Lemon Balm, Ginseng (Panax) Powder, Wood Betony Herb, Schisandra Berry Powder, Wild Mint Leaf, Gotu Kola Powder, Ashwagandha Root, Lobelia Powder, Ginger Root.
Directions: Take 3 or more capsules as needed. For best results, take one hour before or after meals.
St. John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum):
- Used as a medicinal herb around the world for thousands of years.
- Studies have supported the efficacy of St. John’s Wort as a treatment for mild depression in humans.
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties
- Has fewer adverse effects than other antidepressants.
- In Germany, is sometimes prescribed for mild to moderate depression especially in children and adolescents.
- Potentially leads to increase of serotonin.
Licorice Root Powder:
- Contains many anti-depression compounds
- As a herbal medicine it has an impressive list of well documented uses and is probably one of the most over-looked of all herbal wonders.
- Potentially healing substances identified in licorice include compounds called flavonoids
- The herbs key therapeutic compound, glycyrrhizin (which is 50 times sweeter than sugar) exerts numerous beneficial effects on the body, making it a valuable herb for treating a host of ailments.
- It seems to prevent the breakdown of adrenal hormones such as cortisol (the body’s primary stress-fighting adrenal hormone), making these hormones more available to the body.
- Improves resistance to physical and emotional stress.
- Has a mild estrogenic effect, making the herb potentially useful in easing certain symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome), such as irritability, bloating, breast tenderness.
- Beneficial action on the liver, it increases bile flow and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Licorice also appears to enhance immunity by boosting levels of interferon, a key immune system chemical that fights off attacking viruses.
Bupleurum Falcatum Root Powder:
- Found to be an effective adjunctive treatment in the depressive phase of bipolar disorder.
- Found to have a very acute anti-stress effect to reduce anxiety.
- Assists in management of mood disorders.
Dong Quai Powder (Angelica Sinensis):
- This powerful herb grows in primarily in Asia and has been in use for thousands of years as a sacred herbal remedy.
- It is a known hormone balancer.
Anxiety and stress:
- One of the valuable functions is its ability to improve mood and lessen anxiety and stress.
- For women undergoing the hormonal rollercoaster of menopause or menstruation, as well as men suffering from anxiety and stress, dong quai can help to regulate hormones to reduce mood swings and ease our mind.
Depression and Mood Swings:
- Perhaps due to its invigorating and arousing properties, has been linked with reducing depression and lessening the effects on our system.
- Balances hormone levels, detoxifies the body, eases the menstrual process, boosts energy levels and circulation, improves mood, reduces signs of ageing, protects skin health, lowers blood pressure, and protects the heart.
- Used for its calming effects and as a relaxing sedative.
- Used for sleep problems including insomnia, also for general anxiety disorders.
- Also used for gastrointestinal upset related to anxiety and nervousness.
- May also assist in relieving symptoms relating to narcotic drug withdrawal.
- Other uses for symptoms of excitability, high blood pressure and pain relief.
- Positive muscle spasm relieving effects.
- The name of the herb is derived from the personal name “Valeria” and the Latin verb “valere” (to be strong, healthy).
- Used as a medicinal herb since the time of ancient Greece and Rome.
- Hippocrates described its properties, as a remedy for insomnia.
- Many tremendous benefits including easing insomnia, anxiety and nervous restlessness since the second century A.D.
- Recommended to assist – anxiety, stress, muscular spasms and cramps.
- Increasing GABA levels in the brain, helps reduce brain activity and allows you to fall asleep more easily. GABA calms nervous activity.
Ginkgo Biloba Powder (Salisburia adiantifolia):
- Benefits brain function, energy and fights inflammation.
- Used in China medicinally to heal various health ailments for thousands of years.
- The University of Maryland Medical center reports that ginkgo biloba is the oldest tree species on earth, and today it is one of the top selling herbal treatments worldwide.
- Noted for its cerebral-enhancing effects.
- According to Traditional Chinese Medicine and current clinical studies, ginkgo Biloba is safe, effective and benefits the body in numerous ways, it exerts protective effects against mitochondrial damage and oxidative stress.
- It’s been used in Chinese herbal medicine to treat a variety of medical conditions since ancient times, especially circulatory problems and those related to declining memory.
- Has strong antioxidant properties (flavonoids and terpenoids).
- Flavonoids are plant-based antioxidants which protect nerves, blood vessels, and retina from damage.
- Terenoids (ginkgolides) improve blood flow by dilating blood vessels.
- Most prominent benefits are tied to brain function like focus and memory as well as mental performance.
- International Journal of Phyottherapy and Phytopharmacology, state that it is “currently the most investigated and adopted herbal remedy for cognitive disorders and Alzheimers disease (AD).
- One theory is that because it can help increase uptake of glucose (broken down sugar) by brain cells, it has the potential to improve the transmission of nerve signals responsible for memory, mood, task completion, heartbeat regulation and eye health – in addition to many other vital functions.
- Helps fight anxiety and depression, panic attacks and social phobias.
- Memory booster.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Regarded as a nootropic (enhance memory and other cognitive functions).
- Considered to be a calming herb used for many centuries medicinally.
- It is from the mint family.
- Creates balance by increasing GABA activity in the brain which creates a calming effect.
Ginseng (Panax) Powder:
- This natural nootropic enhances mood, protects against memory loss, reduces anxiety, boosts brain health, and improves mental performance.
- Known for its adapotgen properties, immune function and wellbeing.
Wood Betony Herb:
- Has a relaxing effect on the entire body.
- Using for calming emotional tension, treating anxiety and stress.
- Promotes good sleep and assists with memory problems and lack of concentration.
- Strengthens the nervous system of the body.
Schisandra Berry Powder:
- Relieves anxiety as well as boosts your mood.
- Has been shown to increase cognitive functions in subjects.
- Lowers stress levels and enhances performance in many facets of life.
- Long history of use in Chinese medicine.
Wild Mint Leaf:
- Used for relief from fatigue, headache, depression, nausea, and memory loss .
- Used for thousands of years for its remarkable medicinal properties.
Gotu Kola Powder:
- May be used to assist fatigue, anxiety, insomnia, depression, psychiatric disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, and improving memory and intelligence.
- Also helps with circulation and promoting longevity.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protects the brain from degeneration, improves symptoms of Alzheimer’s, anxiety and depression.
- It is classed as an adaptogen, and helps your body manage stress.
- Benefits the thyroid and adrenal gland.
- It can lower your blood sugar levels, reduce cortisol levels and boost brain function.
- Alleviates the symptoms of depression.
- Encourages feelings of motivation and pleasure.
- Increases memory and learning performance.
- Crosses the blood brain barrier and encourages dopamine and norepinephrine release.
- Helps to improve memory and boost cognitive ability, significant improvements have been seen in power of attention, accuracy of attention, speed of memory, and quality of memory.
- The main active constituants, shogaols and gingerols exert antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities.